BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY
These are the 10 most common benefits reported from massage therapy:
- Reduce Stress — A relaxing day at the spa is a great way to unwind and de-stress. However, clients are sure to notice themselves feeling relaxed and at ease for days and even weeks after their appointments!
- Improve Circulation — Loosening muscles and tendons allows increased blood flow throughout the body. Improving your circulation can have a number of positive effects on the rest of your body, including reduced fatigue and pain management!
- Reduce Pain — Massage therapy is great for working out problem areas like lower back pain and chronic stiffness. A professional therapist will be able to accurately target the source of your pain and help achieve the perfect massage regimen.
- Eliminate Toxins — Stimulating the soft tissues of your body will help to release toxins through your blood and lymphatic systems.
- Improve Flexibility — Massage therapy will loosen and relax your muscles, helping your body to achieve its full range of movement potential.
- Improve Sleep — A massage will encourage relaxation and boost your mood. Going to bed with relaxed and loosened muscles promotes more restful sleep, and you'll feel less tired in the morning!
- Enhance Immunity — Stimulation of the lymph nodes re-charges the body's natural defense system.
- Reduce Fatigue — Massage therapy is known to boost mood and promote better quality sleep, thus making you feel more rested and less worn-out at the end of the day.
- Alleviate Depression and Anxiety — Massage therapy can help to release endorphins in your body, helping you to feel happy, energized, and at ease.
- Reduce post-surgery and post-injury swelling — A professional massage is a great way to safely deal with a sports injury or post-surgery rehabilitation.
Do you think that massage therapy could help you find relief in any of these areas? What improvements would you like to see in your health? Contact us today with your questions about massage therapy and see how we can help you get on the path to improved health and wellness!